22 December, 2009
NEAMI launch September at Watsonia
It is the time for lists - here are my top 10 things for Yarra Plenty over the past year:
1. The fantastic response by our staff and especially Jane and Carolyn to the Bushfire Relief effort and the Rebuilding your library collection project
2. Lalor opening 7 days a week, that library really rocks! It is packed with people everytime I go there - great work Felicity and the team
3. The Book Crossing project at Rosanna Station by Joyce and co - making commuters happy on their way to work
4. Storytimes at Epping Plaza, reaching out to kids who wouldn't otherwise have contact with the library
5. All the fantastic Local History events that have been organised by Liz and the branches - and the Local History Forum that brings together over 30 local history associations once a quarter
6. The NEAMI project at Watsonia that has delivered a beautiful underwater mosaic art work for the entrance to the library
7. The Job Exchange to Columbus Ohio by Felicity and Natasha - who learned lots and represented Yarra Plenty with great enthusiasm
8. The reading programs that are encouraging a love of reading in our community, especially the new Bedside Reads that was launched with author visits
9. Our technology gets more stable and better all the time - and now includes iMacs at all branches too - thanks to Les and the Online team
10. Being awarded 4 stars by our library peers in Being the Best We Can - a real tribute to all that the branches do and the direction we are taking the library
I hope that you enjoy the services and programs we offer and there are more exciting things happening in 2010, with the Eltham Library redevelopment and a new website.
Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year to all!