17 May, 2007
RSS is a handy way to keep up to date with all that is out there on the Web these days.
It saves your time visiting several favourite sites only to find nothing new has been added.
This simple video from blip.tv will give you a basic introduction to RSS which stands for Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication.
Watch the video and tell us what you think, maybe even subscribe (FREE) to this Blog?
During Library Week 21-27th May come to a special internet class on Library Thing and catalogue your home library online at Rosanna Library Monday 21st May, 7-8pm. Bookings essential.
Discover your 'Second Life' and explore a virtual community Online at Diamond Valley Library, 6.30-8pm. Basic computer skills, useful.
What type of Online classes would you like to see the Library offering? Let's hear from YOU!
Use the comment box below.
07 May, 2007
Call into your local Branch library and pickup a Brochure for this months events, including Library Week which is part of Information Awareness Month.
The Theme for Library Week is 'Linking people with ideas @ your Library'.
Monday 21st May.
- Australia's Biggest Morning Tea to support Cancer research at Thomastown Library, 10.30-12 noon.
- Starting your Family history, Mill Park Library, 11-12 noon.
- Your Health and wellbeing, naturally, Mill Park Library, 1-2.30pm.
- Virtual Communities on the Internet, Diamond Valley Library, 6.30-8pm. Find out about 'Second Life'
- Create your own Library Online at Rosanna Library, 7-8pm Bookings essential.
Tuesday 22nd May.
- Break Dance Demonstration, Thomastown Library, 4-5pm. Win a Free Lesson.
- Learn to juggle, Ivanhoe Library, 5-6pm.
- Poetry : connect through language, Watsonia Library, 7-8pm. Bring your poems and hear Melbourne performance poet Myron Lysenko who will read a selection of his haiku poetry.
- Teddy Bears picnic, Rosanna Library, 10.30-11.30am. An extended Tiny Tots session. Bring your teddy.
- CSI Mill Park Library : Criminologist presentation, 6.30-7.30pm. What does go on in the mind of a criminal? Refreshments provided.
- Brain Gym : a workout for the mind, Diamond Valley Library, 7-8pm.
Thursday 24th May.
- Australia's biggest morning tea, Ivanhoe Library, 10-12 noon.
- Mill Park Library 10-12 noon
- Book Discussion, Rosanna Library, 1.30-3pm.
- Mystery Cooking Demonstration, Eltham Library 2-4pm. Ingredients from a mystery bag of groceries.
- Wee Willie Bedtime storytime, Rosanna Library 6.30-7.30pm, Dress up as a book character, stories, songs and an activity.
- Paul Mealing, Thomastown Library, Monday 21st May, 6.30-7.30pm. Meet the author of Elvene: the Kiri myth of Ocean Woman, a sci-fi/fantasy novel.
- Tony Harrington, Eltham Library, Wednesday 23rd May, 7-8pm. Discussing his recent book 'You can do anything'.
Coming up in June:
Shane Maloney @ Diamond Valley in partnership with the Eltham Bookshop. Shane will discuss his new book 'Sucked in'. A perfect night out for crime buffs.
Tuesday 12th June, 7-8pm.
$4 entry (wine and supper included)
Law Week also occurs in May, with a host of FREE EVENTS.
Diamond Valley Library will be holding an Internet class on Finding legal Information on the Internet. Friday 18th May, 10-11am.
Bookings are essential for most program see your branch for details.